Application Deadline: February 20, 2017
The core mission of stARTup Art Fair is to present an independent venue for independent artists to exhibit original works in an art fair setting. Most importantly, a main principle of our philosophy is participating artists keep 100% of the proceeds from their own sales, as well as any new client relationships established during the course of the fair.
What past stARTup Art Fair exhibitors had to say...
- 7 to 10 images or video best representing the work you propose to exhibit at the fair. We prefer to receive a cohesive body of work that you would ideally present for a solo exhibition. Images/video must include detailed caption information for each work including title, size, medium, year, and price.
- A statement clearly explaining inspiration and concepts behind your proposed body of work and a general plan of how you will exhibit your work in the hotel room.
- Current bio/CV outlining all exhibition history including commercial gallery, art fair, or otherwise; print and/or online reviews of your work; and education.
- A non-refundable application fee of $25.
Up to 50 artists will be selected to exhibit at stARTup Art Fair San Francisco.
Upon acceptance, we will require a 50% deposit to reserve your room. The balance of your exhibitor fees must be paid in full by March 28, 2017.
Exhibitor Fees are as follows:
- 37 Deluxe Rooms, 216 square feet (16' x 13.5'): $3,000.00
- 11 Junior Suites, 277 square feet (16' x 12' main room and 10' x 8.5' separate bedroom): $3,800.00
- 2 Large Suites, 336 square feet (16' x 12.5' main room and 16' x 8.5' separate bedroom): $4,500.00
All rooms at the Hotel Del Sol have plenty of linear wall space, including 8 foot floor-to-ceiling wall height, bathroom, and large walk-in closets.
The Exhibitor Fee is fully inclusive of the following:
- 4 nights at the Hotel, which includes several amenities, such as parking, complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, 32" flat-screen TV, in-room safe, and all hotel and occupancy taxes
- 3 afternoons and evenings of fair hours open to the public, including a Press/Early Bird Preview, Opening Night Party, and Closing BBQ; as it is your hotel room, you are welcome to make private viewing appointments outside of public fair hours as well
- Complimentary admission tickets for your preferred collectors and guests
- Individual page on the stARTup Art Fair website, including images, a brief synopsis of your work, your contact information, and a link to your personal website; it is our hope that this may enable you to make some pre-sales and contacts in advance of the fair
- Personalized signage for room door and exhibitor badges
- Pre-fair seminar/Q&A covering art fair etiquette, protocols, and sales tips
Need more answers? Take a look at our FAQs.